Saturday, March 22, 2008

My pain is now in my left shoulder (sometimes in my neck), in my knees and in my right thigh joint. All seem to be due to weak joint rather than any stuctural problem.

I started going to the gym again last Sunday as advised by my physio - "No more than 30 minutes each time, 3-5 times a week." I did balancing and 5-10 minutes on the cross-training machine (which works both arms and legs). I tentatively did 10 back extensions too, which seemed to go fine. The only sore spot which lasted 5 days was from groin exercises - from the machine where you sit down and squeeze your thighs together.

I have the book The Body in Action, which I have found extremely dry but which presumably covers how best to strengthen joints, and I will try to dive into it again soon.

So not really any better but not too bad either.

I also enjoyed have my kneecaps taped last week. While I had heard about this for the last few years, I'd never had it done and it was great to be able to walk home and just feel more confidence / less pain / more stable. I had to shave my knees and the feeling didn't really last more than 24 hours, but if I can do this by myself - instead of paying HK$ 850 per visit - then it's something I'd want to try a few more times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home